God bless whoever invented this creamy,rich, heavenly dish ❤
Trust me it turns out to be exactly like the one we have at Kolachi Restaurant with the same name “Paneer Reshmi Handi”
- 2 medium onion, roughly chopped (will be blended)
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 600 grams boneless chicken
- 2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (bhuna zeera)
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 3 – 4 green chilies, seeded & chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk (or coconut powder)
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (grated or finely cubed)
- Green Chili’s (for garnish)
- 1. Blend onion with a little water to make onion paste. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil. Add ginger & garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 3. Add onion paste and cook on low flame till light golden (about 3-4 minutes).
- 4. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes till it changes color.
- 5. Add cumin seeds, coriander powder, salt and white pepper. Cook for a minute.
- 6. Blend yoghurt, green chili’s and coconut powder with about 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- 7. Add green chili & coconut paste to the chicken. Cover the pot and cook on low simmer for about 20 minutes till chicken is tender. Add water if required.
- 8. Add sliced capsicums and cook for 30 seconds.
- 9. Add cream, butter and cheese. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes till gravy becomes thick and creamy.
- 10. Serve hot garnished with sliced ginger and green chili’s.